One night while my beau & I were about to sleep after our flight back to Singapore from Philippines, he suddenly asked me, "Do you really want to put up your dream clinic?"... that question awakened my then sleepy brain cells and answered him "Yes!" right away.
My beau & I were back in Manila from 3rd-13th of June of this year (2011) to attend his brother's wedding. During the reception we had a chance to chat with his cousin,Doc Gail, which is a also dentist. (Yes, I'm a licensed dentist in the Philippines. After a year of practice I decided to leave my country, by chance, and chose to work in a foreign soil.) We greeted her,said hello and she greeted ask back, asked us how we were. So as to a normal conversation of 2 dentists, we didn't fail to talk about our buhay dentista (the dentist's life), her practice and my job here in Singapore. While having a good conversation with her she asked me a question that would make me realize of my future plan (again).
"When will you be putting up my your own clinic here? Start while you're still young."
( I actually got that question a lot from my friends and family.)
I just answered her that I'm planning to put it up in a year or 2. Maybe. What an indefinite answer. In a year or 2 because that's the time that I have to renew my permanent resident status here in Singapore. I have no idea what would be my next move as well because I'm also waiting my US family-petition (I've been waiting it since 1994). I don't want to depend my life with it so life goes on here in Singapore & Manila. I'm just thankful that I have a very supportive beau. Finally, with the help and push of him, my dream will soon become a reality. Thanks to Eetzzee and to the Great Man above.
So today, 21st of July 2011, if ever Doc Gail would ask me again, I could answer her question already with a very certain answer, "Oh yeah!It's under construction now."

No comments:
Post a Comment